How to communicate responsibly? Wine in Moderation refreshes its Wine Communication Standards and announces a new accessible tool for its Members and Supporters
Whether you are selling the wine you produced or have a winery open to tourism or a restaurant, you know what you want to communicate to your audience. Now the question is “how should you communicate?”.
This query will bring you to consider not only which means and channels to use, but also what kind of message you deliver.
By becoming a Wine in Moderation Supporter, you show you care about your customers’ well-being, and you are committed to informing them on how to enjoy wine within a healthy and balanced lifestyle. But we know, sometimes goodwill is not enough, and professionals could use a little guide!
Since the very beginning, our objective has been supporting the professionals of the wine sector with information and tools they can use to serve and sell wine responsibly as well as to educate their consumers on the moderate drinking patterns.
Among the most consolidated of our tools, the Wine Communication Standards have helped hundreds of wine professionals to establish a responsible commercial communication in the past years. However, the rise of the digital era urged the need to refresh this tool and integrate it with new features.
That is why we are happy to announce we are providing our Members & Supporters with a brand-new Responsible Communication Package, where you will find the necessary tools to implement responsible communication and:
- Encourage moderation and responsibility by reinforcing the way wines are traditionally presented and communicated to consumers.
- Ensure that commercial communication on wine products does not encourage or condone excessive consumption or misuse of any kind.
- Show your support and commitment to the Wine in Moderation.
Which tools will you find in our Responsible Communication Package?
- THE NEWLY UPDATED WINE COMMUNICATION STANDARDS: A self-regulation document with guidelines and principles that will help you understand the dos and don’ts in commercial communication. When registering, every WiM Supporter commits to following the Wine Communication Standards.
- DIGITAL ANNEX: Digital media constitute a large basis of our day-to-day communication. But how can we best encourage responsible communication on these media? We have developed an annex which will provide specific guidelines to be implemented in digital communication (website, social media, etc.)
- WINE IN MODERATION LOGOS: Show your commitment to the Wine in Moderation programme and include our logo on your communication. You will find the logo in different colours and formats.
- BRAND GUIDELINES: That will give you instruction on how to use the logo on your communication channels.
Nice! Where can I get it?
You can find the Responsible Communication Package in your reserved area of our website. You can login here with your credentials and check the page “Download logos & materials”. As for any other tool you can find in the reserved area!
Our tools are reserved for our Members & Supporters. If you’re not one of them yet, discover how you can get involved!
If you have any question on your status, you have encountered problems in connecting to the reserved area or you want just more information get in touch with us here.
We hope you will enjoy our new tool and remember:
Caring about your customers is caring about your business!
 Please be aware this is a self-regulation tool. We warmly invite you to also check the current regulations in force in your country.