Wine Information Council unveils brand new website
Brussels, Belgium, 17 October 2023 – The Wine Information Council (WIC) is thrilled to announce the launch of its newly redesigned website, reinforcing its commitment to deliver the latest up-to-date scientific information on wine (in the context of a balanced diet and lifestyle) and health issues. The new website bears a fresh identity, improved navigation, and innovative features, ensuring that visitors can easily access the available information.
New features include:
- New logo: The new and modernised WIC logo.
- Redesigned user experience: Our goal is to present the content in a more user-friendly and accessible manner, ensuring that scientists and all interested visitors can effortlessly access the information they seek.
- Newsletter function improved: We are excited to introduce a new functionality to our website. Users interested in our diverse range of scientific articles and database topics will now receive monthly updates tailored to their individual preferences through our customised newsletter. The only thing they will need to do is to register on the new website.
Nicolai Worm, Chair of the Wine Information Council, expressed his enthusiasm, stating, "The Wine Information Council was established in 2009 and has since then evolved along the years with the goal to interpret and communicate science. Today, with this brand-new website, I am delighted to continue helping disseminate research on these topics while chairing this prominent group of Scientists whose commitment to providing objective scientific evidence remains strong."
The new Wine Information Council is built around the following key sections:
- Wine & Lifestyle: Where visitors will have a general overview of the key topics related to wine, health, and social aspects.
- Understanding the science: Where it is explained how the scientific information available on the website is developed and selected. The different types of scientific studies and their level of evidence are explained and a glossary with commonly used scientific terms is made available.
- Scientific articles: The central element of the Wine Information Council website since the beginning is its central database updated every month with the latest scientific publications. The aim is to mainly include publications with a strong level of scientific evidence using the pyramid of evidence as reference.
- News: In the News section, monthly updates are provided where specific scientific articles are more thoroughly analysed and commented by a WIC expert. Here are also listed scientific events that take place around the world on the topics of interest.
- Explaining the facts: Finally, this new section will be updated on a regular basis and will act as an archive for the media information of the Wine Information Council, for example: infographics, videos, reference documents, etc.
For more information, visit the brand-new website: www.wineinformationcouncil.eu