WiM Association is looking for a Communication and Project Manager
The Communication and Project Manager will be responsible for:
- planning, developing and coordinating online and offline communication programmes, channels and tools aimed at raising awareness about the Wine in Moderation Programme;
- ensuring that information on the Wine in Moderation Programme and WiM Association activities, news and messages reaches the relevant audiences;
- developing, executing, and monitoring project and communications plan and activities in line with the objectives and KPIs of the identified projects;
The Communication and Project Manager reports to the Secretary General and works in close collaboration with the Secretary General and the Community Manager.
Duties and responsibilities
- Proposes annual communication plan to raise the awareness and reputation of the Wine in Moderation Programme.
- Develops and implements semesterly and monthly Wine in Moderation communication plans on news, science, and key messages as well as the WiM Association activities.
- Develops and coordinates the online and offline communications, channels, and tools.
- Provides guidance to the WiM community to effectively use central programme tools and develop their own Wine in Moderation communication activities and events.
- Identifies and updates communication tools and methods to keep the Wine in Moderation Programme and WiM Association relevant to the media and stakeholders.
- Maintains open communication channels with all WiM Association stakeholders (WiM Association members, partners and stakeholders) and receives feedback on their Wine in Moderation activities for the monthly newsletter.
- Supports communication needs of WiM Association projects.
- Manages media relations and press communications including development and publishing of press releases.
- Identifies media threats and seizes opportunities to raise awareness and image of Wine in Moderation.
- Monitors and follows news on wine, health & social aspects, and CSR to update on trends and activities of interest and follows-up as appropriate.
- Updates relevant content of each of the different sections of the Wine in Moderation website and the scientific database, news and other relevant content for the WIC website with the support of the Scientific Coordinator.
- Increases and drives traffic to specific content depending on the communication needs. Monitors website traffic and proposes improvements and search engine optimization actions.
- Runs social media accounts based on the Communication Plan and reports on their performance.
- Plans and develops Wine in Moderation central communication materials and WiM Association publications.
- Edits and disseminates the Wine in Moderation monthly newsletter.
- Coordinates the drafting, publishing, and dissemination of the annual report of the Wine in Moderation Programme.
- Maintains the database of photos, infographics, and other communication tools.
- Organises the meetings and events of the WiM Association and the Wine in Moderation Programme in collaboration with the Community Manager.
- Recruits/coordinates with sponsors and contributors for WiM events in collaboration with the Secretary General.
- Manages smooth delivery of projects in the frame of the Wine in Moderation brand strategy.
- Manages timelines for projects and ensure that deadlines are met.
- University degree in a related field.
- At least three years of proven communication and marketing experience, with a specific experience in digital communications (SEO, social media, CMS, etc.).
- Technical experience in media relations, communication & marketing, project & event management, wine business, and policy, is necessary to execute the job requirements and credibly lead others.
- Multilingual with native level English (or equivalent). Any other language is an asset (more specifically German, Portuguese or Spanish).
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent media relation skills.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multilingual environment.
- Knowledge of design tools (e.g. Adobe, Canva).
- Very good knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience in not-for-profit association would be an added value.
- Knowledge of photography and video making is an added value.
Working schedule and salary
We offer a full-time contract under Belgian law, starting as a fixed term contract until 31st December 2022 which could lead to a permanent contract depending on the performance of the employee. The salary will depend on experience and qualifications. We also offer benefits such as meal vouchers and 13th month.
The working environment is friendly and flexible. The job may require some travelling abroad.
The optimal starting date would be 01 October, or as soon as possible thereafter.
How can you apply?
- You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter in English to [email protected] and mention “Wine in Moderation Communication and Project Manager" in the subject line. Applications in other languages will not be considered.
- Your cover letter should be maximum one page and should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. Europass CVs are not recommended.
- The deadline for applications is 31 of August 2022. Interviews will be organised during the first half of September online or in person depending on availability.
Applications will be reviewed upon submission and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. We expect a large number of applications and hence we regret that we may not be able to answer on an individual basis.