Responsible consumption at the restaurant
Delicious food, a cosy atmosphere, a passionate sommelier... the restaurant is the ideal place to enjoy wine. Our tips for moderate wine consumption include:
- A 750ml wine bottle will contain about 7 glasses. If this is too much, ask for a half bottle.
- Wine by the glass. This is the perfect idea since everyone will choose according to their tastes. This is also an opportunity to discover wines ... with confidence!
- No question of depriving yourself of a glass of wine to accompany a tasty dish! The driver however should not exceed the Blood Alcohol Concentration (B.A.C) limits established for drivers.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, if you are to drive, designate a driver in advance, call a taxi or use public transport.
Responsible consumption at a party
Tonight you throw a party. Wine is an essential part of your celebration and here are our tips for encouraging moderate wine consumption:
- Select your wines carefully. If necessary, ask a sommelier. Dare to discover new labels, be curious and bold! Anticipate the number of wine lovers among your guests and keep in mind that a bottle serves 4 people.
- Respecting and appreciating the wine is one of the best ways to avoid abuse. So serve your wine in elegant glasses and taste it carefully: colour, aroma, taste.
- Organise your wine service to avoid filling the glasses more than 4 times in the evening. Also serve non-alcoholic beverages: water, fruit juices, and sodas.
- Accompany wine with food specialties and encourage your guests to taste them: diced vegetables and light sauces, cheese, biscuits or small snacks.
- Stop serving wine to those who will drive at least an hour before the end of the party. And don’t forget to serve coffee and tea.
FOR FULL DETAILS ON WINE, HEALTH & SOCIAL ASPECTS, VISIT WWW.WINEINFORMATIONCOUNCIL.EU
YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR FAMILY DOCTOR FOR ANY DOUBT RELATING YOUR DRINKING PATTERNS AND HEALTH.