EU Forum for action
Creation of the European Alcohol and Health Forum (EAHF Chart), as a cornerstone of the EU Strategy to support Member States in reducing alcohol-related harm. A Forum open to all stakeholders motivated to contribute with tangible commitments.
European wine sector unites under one common commitment
Launch of the Wine in Moderation - Art de Vivre commitment to the EAHF by CEEV, COPA & COGECA & CEVI. A Programme to unite the EU wine sector and disseminate a common message of moderation backed by education, science-based information, and self-regulation.
Building the foundation; Education, Science, Self-regulation
Establishment of the Wine Information Council (WIC) – a network of scientists – for a broader dissemination of objective scientific evidence about Wine, Health and Social Aspects, supported by an on-line scientific database.
Renew and Move Forward
- Wine in Moderation commitment is renewed for 3 additional years with new and more ambitious objectives.
- Creation of the WiM Association to coordinate and report on the implementation of the Wine in Moderation Programme, expanding its reach and impact throughout the world.
Focus on Professional Education and Consumer Awareness
Launch of an EU Funded Education Partnership Programme (Leonardo Da Vinci-VET Art de Vivre Partnership programme) with 9 partners from 7 countries to focus on vocational and professional education in the area of wine, health and social aspects.
South America welcomes Wine in Moderation
- From a European policy programme to an international movement, Wine in Moderation opens up to South America.
- Argentina becomes the first country of an extensive list outside Europe to join the Wine in Moderation movement.
Accountability and Recognition
- The European Parliament recognises the importance of Wine in Moderation in a report on the “European gastronomic heritage: cultural and educational aspects” (2013/2181(INI)).
- The International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) includes Wine in Moderation training on moderate and responsible drinking in professional training curriculum.
Establishing a Global Movement
WiM Association joins the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) as Observer and is the key feature of the 38th OIV Congress (Mainz, Germany).
Growth & Action
Munskänkarna becomes the first consumer association (27 000 members) to join WiM Association and coordinate the programme in Sweden.
Engage, Motivate & Enable
Wine in Moderation launches central registration system, with a focus on wineries and wine related businesses, to increase participation and credibility. Register here.
Celebrating 10 Years, Looking Forward
Wine in Moderation joins UNWTO as affiliate member and is presented at the 3rd UNWTO Global Wine Tourism Conference.
New brand strategy
Wine in Moderation launches new Brand Strategy and new visual identity.